Re: Rename calc-property-by-copy to copy-property-from-event (issue 1227

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Rename calc-property-by-copy to copy-property-from-event (issue 122750044 by address@hidden)
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 23:31:07 +0200

Hi David,

> But then probably grob::from-event-property might be less jumbled,

I'm ok with this one.

> and possibly
> grob::event-property-getter might bring the callback nature better
> across.

I don't like this one.  Maybe it's insufficient LilyPond knowledge on
my side, but if i had seen grob::event-property-getter in the code i
wouldn't know for sure what it does.  I think
grob::from-event-property would be more self-explanatory for me.

> Of course, this reeks of wanting to become a whole naming convention at
> one point of time.  Should we run this through another discussion cycle
> with the strong premise that the naming chosen here might, at a later
> point of time, be adopted for all similar callback generators?

No problem :-)
I'm not at rush with this change at all, and i don't have waiting
patches that depend on it, so take the time.  Actually, feel free to
take ownership of the issue if you'd like so.

I've set the tracker issue to review.

best,
Janek