Re: See the new music fonts in action

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: See the new music fonts in action
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 12:46:45 +0200

On 08/02/2014 09:00 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
Abraham Lee <address@hidden> writes:

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Alexander Kobel <address@hidden> wrote:

BTW, I never really understood whether it is technically possible to
automatically figure out "factor" at the point where
make-pango-font-tree is called?  If not, why?  And if yes, is there
any reason why it is not done?

Ah, yes. I knew there was a reason for the syntax "(/ staff-height pt
20)" or its equivalent. I just tried to play around with
make-pango-font-tree and I couldn't seem to figure out how to
reference the "staff-height" variable within this function.

David Kastrup? Anyone? Any ideas?

Well, looking at the definition of set-global-staff-size would seem to
indicate how the size is being set.  I suspect that calculating the
"relevant module" in that manner and then looking up output-scale in it
might do the trick.  But I haven't really understood the output scale
business anyway.  It's not clear to me how it works in every
circumstance.

That's not quite what I wanted to hear... If /you/ say that, it makes me wonder whether a) the entire business is seriously broken by design or b) it's waaay above what I'll ever understand. I agree that looking up the "relevant module" seems to be the missing link. Anyway, I'll have a look after Aug, 10.

Best,
Alexander