Re: See the new music fonts in action

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: See the new music fonts in action
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 22:24:11 -0006

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Alexander Kobel <address@hidden> wrote:

factor is relevant if you set the global staff size to something different than 20, the default. The usual rule-of-tree used to be something like
  myStaffSize = #17.82
  #(set-global-staff-size myStaffSize)
  #(define fonts (make-pango-font-tree ... (/ myStaffSize 20)))

BTW, I never really understood whether it is technically possible to automatically figure out "factor" at the point where make-pango-font-tree is called? If not, why? And if yes, is there any reason why it is not done?

Best,
Alexander

Ah, yes. I knew there was a reason for the syntax "(/ staff-height pt 20)" or its equivalent. I just tried to play around with make-pango-font-tree and I couldn't seem to figure out how to reference the "staff-height" variable within this function.
David Kastrup? Anyone? Any ideas?

Regards,
Abraham