Re: maintaining advanced power-user Scheme functions

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: maintaining advanced power-user Scheme functions
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 21:22:06 +0200

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> That's great!!
> Though, honestly, perhaps you should wait until 2.18. is out. I still hope
> it's coming soon.

You've seen the flurry of discussions and purported fixes (tending to
fall through even the regression tests) about cyclic backend
dependencies regressions?  Even if this did not look like fresh
brainstorming rather than tightly focused bug fixes, we'd be talking
about weeks of stabilization.  As it is, pre- and post-branching
stabilization will be at least 6 weeks all in all.  When everything goes
really swimmingly.