whack-a-regression

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: whack-a-regression
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 13:27:26 +0200

Hi people,

2013/7/1 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
> There has been quite a lot of work on getting regressions under wrap,
> much of that by Keith.  Documentation is proofread and improved.
>
>> [...]
>
> If we say "goodbye to 2.18 this year", this essentially means saying
> goodbye to stable releases forever.  At the current point of time we are
> trying to play catchup with lots of regressions introduced in the 2.17
> cycle.  Some of that is due to shoddy work that did not receive the
> right amount of scrutiny in reviews or otherwise before getting
> committed.

i've decided that instead of complaining about slowed development
process, i can do some bug-fixing instead.

What would you like me to do?

I can promise 8-12 hours of work, in blocks 2-4 hours long, during the
next few days - maybe more, if i get hooked ;)
What i'd like to ask in return is that someone will be working
together with me, and that we'll have real-time chat to answer each
other's questions.  I'm _not_ going to do regression fixing alone,
because i consider this a waste of time due to my insufficient
programming skills.

cheers,
Janek