Re: Substitute for s1*0

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Substitute for s1*0
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 16:35:16 +0100

David Kastrup wrote Sunday, May 06, 2012 9:34 AM

Quick: tell me what you would expect without too much thinking (imagine
you are a naive user) from the following:

\new Staff <<
 \relative c'' { c4 d e f s1*0-\markup Oops c d e f g1 } \\
 \relative c' { c4 d e f <>-\markup Wow c d e f g1 }

That's not really a competition, is it?

Well, that's a poor example, as neither form is needed when
there is a string of notes or s's.  So this particular issue
doesn't really arise in practice.

Actually, I don't think s1*0 appears in the docs.  Might be
in an LSR snippet, I guess.  But I've no problem with
documenting <>, as long as a realistic example showing
when it is useful can be found.

Trevor