Re: Implements rhythmic-music-iterator (issue 5554048)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Implements rhythmic-music-iterator (issue 5554048)
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:39:43 +0100

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Jan 18, 2012, at 3:53 PM, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> Where would be the point?  If I plan to touch up the stream event before
>> broadcasting it, I can't use the everything-included report_event
>> anyway.  If I plan to touch up the music event in a manner equivalent to
>> deleting the articulations, I can just delete the articulations instead.
>> In either case, the original music event would behave differently after
>> having once visited the iterator.
>>

> I don't think there's a risk that one engraver in a context will get a
> different version of an event than another engraver in a context.
> This would require the NoteEvent to be reported more than once.  This
> is why I don't think setting articulations to SCM_EOL will matter.

PostScriptum: \repeat unfold reports the contained events more than
once.  This caused several bugs.  Also the part combiner problems went
away once I stopped stream event modifications from backlashing to the
originating events.  So it would appear that the part combiner is also
guilty of reusing music events.

Just wanted to point out that this particular piece of paranoia was
useful to have.  Still looking for a different old message...