Re: Implements rhythmic-music-iterator (issue 5554048)

From: dak
Subject: Re: Implements rhythmic-music-iterator (issue 5554048)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 15:55:35 +0000

On 2012/01/18 15:28:42, mike_apollinemike.com wrote:

I don't think there's a risk that one engraver in a context will get a
different
version of an event than another engraver in a context.  This would
require the
NoteEvent to be reported more than once.

It would merely require using the same music expression more than once
without copying it.  Music expressions are frontend material.  I am not
really comfortable messing with them.  Now it is true that if you put
stuff in a music variable and access this using \var, you get a copy.
And music functions in general are not expected to worry about stomping
over their arguments destructively because of that.

But I still have a hard time believing that every Music variable is
guaranteed to never have anybody ever look at it again once it has been
seen by an iterator once.

http://codereview.appspot.com/5554048/