Re: improving the CG

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: improving the CG
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 05:14:45 -0700

On 12/26/09 1:59 AM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I also find cherry-picking to be a useful alternative
> to rebasing, especially with the beautifully simple
> interface in gitk.  Perhaps this could have a brief
> explanation, as the man pages are so confusing.

I typically do the following:

1) Create a new branch for whatever I'm working on.

2) Upload to Rietveld from the new branch (which is necessary in order to
have a new issue number on Rietveld).

3) Once things settle down on Rietveld, I rebase (using -i) to get to a
single patch on the new branch.

4) Cherry-pick the newly rebased patch to master.

5) Push master to origin.

HTH,

Carl