Re: why recommend \relative to take a "c"?

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: why recommend \relative to take a "c"?
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:01:42 +0000

2009/12/15 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> 1)  "why is `\relative {' being deprecated" --  see the mailist
> archives.  I don't know the details, but Han-Wen suggested it, and
> he's the person who'd know.  :)

A good reason would be that it would allow \relative to be removed
from the parser: currently we need two parser rules to cater for both
cases, whereas deprecating \relative { } would allow the command to be
implemented as a music function instead.

I know this can wait until GLISS starts, but I think we should finally
remove it (I have a patch waiting in the wings. :)

Cheers,
Neil