Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 12:10:55 +0100

Op woensdag 04-11-2009 om 10:19 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef John
Mandereau:
> Le mercredi 04 novembre 2009 à 09:23 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> > Op dinsdag 03-11-2009 om 19:21 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Graham
> > Percival:
> > > On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 07:18:50PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> > I'm not too fond of that idea.  Also, it would be nice if the name
> > of the page were web/bugs [with .LANG.html negotiation] rather
> > than web/Bugs.
>
> Agreed, but who wants to hack Texi2HTML init files and/or
> postprocess_html.py?  I mean, we have so many other problems that we
> probably don't want to hack this right now.

I don't think so, as texinfo wants names to be normalized.  We can
simply lowercase our short/file name entries in node menus that
we use in general.*, I think.  See attached

> Because "general" won't show up in the website (splitted HTML output),
> and it's perfectly accurate for offline docs IMO; for PDF and
> one-big-page output, well, Graham and me are probably tired by renaming
> directories :-)

Yeah, laugh.  That's the reason why hardcoding names all over
the place is so bad.  Renaming a directory should be a simple
mv and M-x tags-search-replace.

I'd rather rename directories once, in the source ball, than
on the website.  We'll be stuck with /general fixups for
eons to come.

Greetings,
Jan.

Avatar®: http://AvatarAcademy.nl    | http://lilypond.org