Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Issue 872 in lilypond: Changes split-page has broken images
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:19:23 +0100

Le mercredi 04 novembre 2009 à 09:23 +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
> Op dinsdag 03-11-2009 om 19:21 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef Graham
> Percival:
> > On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 07:18:50PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> > > I agree with this, but I will not responsible for bringing it to
> > > reality: putting the main website at the root of lilypond.org will be up
> > > to you and Jan.
>
> I'm not too fond of that idea.  Also, it would be nice if the name
> of the page were web/bugs [with .LANG.html negotiation] rather
> than web/Bugs.

Agreed, but who wants to hack Texi2HTML init files and/or
postprocess_html.py?  I mean, we have so many other problems that we
probably don't want to hack this right now.

> >> I guess there will be no particular difficulty doing
> >> so, but this might break more old pages URLs than putting the new
> >> website in web/.
>
> Why don't we rename general to web [even a more accurate name?]

Because "general" won't show up in the website (splitted HTML output),
and it's perfectly accurate for offline docs IMO; for PDF and
one-big-page output, well, Graham and me are probably tired by renaming
directories :-)

Best,
John