new repos: do we want an archive?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: new repos: do we want an archive?
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 01:19:35 -0700

GUB won't be moved into lilypond git, and web stuff will live in
master and stable.  So currently we're only looking at creating
one extra repo:
  address@hidden/lilypond/lilypad.git

However, I started wondering about all the old history that would
be lost when we delete web/ and (to a much lesser extent)
web-gop/.  That also reminded me of dev/rune, which I find myself
reluctant to delete.

Any thoughts about creating a
  address@hidden/lilypond/archive.git

repo, to store the old web/ branch, dev/rune, maybe the stable/1.x
stuff, and generally anything that seems too old to be possibly
useful in the main repo?

Cheers,
- GRaham