Re: git hang-ups

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: git hang-ups
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 22:19:23 +0100

Mark Polesky wrote Sunday, August 02, 2009 10:03 PM

So I did git fetch and got this:

$ git fetch
The authenticity of 'git.sv.gnu.org (199.232.41.69)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is ....
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)?

This means the known-hosts file has been deleted
or corrupted or can't be found.  It should be in
your .ssh directory.  It should contain one long
line beginning

199.232.41.69 ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAA ...

It's the public key of the Savannah server.  In
case you've lost it, I've attached one.

and it doesn't matter how I respond. It always goes into an endless loop.
I always have to force-quit.

Do I need to take this to the git mailing list?

I don't think you have a git problem.  Several
of the messages you've reported are from Windows.
(But I may be wrong :)

Trevor