Re: git hang-ups

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: git hang-ups
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 00:16:03 +0100

Mark Polesky wrote Monday, August 03, 2009 11:38 PM

Trevor Daniels wrote:

These commands will fail.  The correct command is

$ git reset --hard origin/master

It gets up to 50%, then crashes:

Checking out files: 50% (963/1926)

(here the Windows error box pops up)

Once I close the pop-up, the line changes to:

fatal: Could not reset index file to revision 'origin/master'.

When I try resetting master to an *earlier* commit in my
own repo, it again crashes with the (git) error:

child process exited abmormally

I think deleting your repository and
rebuilding it from Savannah is the next thing to try. It only takes 20 mins or so, and I don't know what else you can
do.

I don't see the connection of a faulty
repo with some of your errors, but this
problem with reset and your earlier one
with validate seem to suggest a screwed repo.

Trevor