Re: git hang-ups

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: git hang-ups
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 13:09:12 -0700 (PDT)

Patrick McCarty wrote:

> > $ git pull ssh://sv/srv/git/lilypond.git master
> > fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>
> Well, that URI is kind of bogus.  :-)

It worked fine yesterday.

> This should work:
>
>   $ git pull git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git master

No luck. Same fatal message. And when I try "update" through the
gitk screen, I get a rather disturbing message...

Error reading commits:
child killed: unknown signal

You'd think they could've come up with something a little less
dark. Geez.

When I tried this:
$ git pull ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git master

I got something about unverified identity, then do I want to
continue? Say no, and then the terminal just keeps printing the
same message over and over until I force-quit.

Any other ideas?
- Mark