Re: Fw: Vocal music

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Fw: Vocal music
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 09:06:38 +0100

Valentin, you wrote  Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:38 PM

2008/10/3 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

This is good.  I'm very happy with this.

Greetings Trevor,

I have pushed a new reordering for 2.1 "Vocal music"; please tell me
what you think about it.

I don't like it.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=3876f0ba8573e18a063a5b96324beb4216ab0551

I didn't create a "vocal music styles" section, since I realized it
would hardly do anything more than duplicate things already mentioned
in 2.1.1 Common notation for vocal music. So, what I did is to merge
this into Common notation, and leave the following sections
temporarily unmodified.

That's because you've put all the different style stuff
where it doesn't belong, in "Common notation".  "Common
notation" should contain _only_ things which are used
in _all_ the styles.  "Common" here means "belonging
equally to all", not its other meaning of "appearing
frequently, familar".  So anything that is style-specific
should not be there, hence there should be no headings
like "Opera" in "Common".  Take these out and put them
back in a "Specific styles" section, as we agreed
earlier, and I'll be happy.

Cheers,
Valentin

Trevor