Re: Fw: Vocal music

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Fw: Vocal music
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 23:39:29 +0100

Valentin, you wrote Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:40 PM

2008/10/1 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:

There will not be many References for vocal music, as pretty well all of it
is going to be in this section, but there should be one to
@rlearning{Songs}, which gives a gentle introduction to some of the easier concepts. Maybe this should be near the top, rather than buried in section
2.1.1.4.  Could the References be moved up?  And it certainly must not be
removed! Apart from the reference mentioned it should contain at least refs
to the templates.

Hm, tricky. My problem is that this section does not really belong in
a section about Lyrics. Ideally, there would be a "common notation"
before that, and the "references" section would totally belong here.
But: what do you put in a "common notation for vocal music" section?
Besides -maybe- parlato noteheads?

I agree it does not belong within any section, yet
at present it appears within 2.1.1 Entering lyrics.
As the only references we have so far identified
are one to the Learning Manual and one to templates,
both of which are suitable as introductory material,
the References section could go right at the top,
as 2.1.1 References for vocal music, before the
present Entering lyrics section, couldn't it?

Like you, I can't see any use for a Common notation
section for lyrics.  Parlato note heads could perhaps
be a third reference.  Are they mentioned anywhere
else?

Trevor