Re: replacing mftrace with mf2pt1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: replacing mftrace with mf2pt1
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 08:15:42 +0100 (CET)

> ! angle(0,0) is taken as zero.

I don't get this error.  Where does it come from?

> can you pull the branch I mentioned, and run
>
>   cd mf; make clean ; make
>
> to verify that all of the errors have been taken care of?

I rebuilt lilypond completely from scratch (using current
dev/mf2pt1-build), and it runs just fine.  However, I see that both mf
and mf2pt1 are called.  This is not necessary since mf2pt1 outputs the
same address@hidden@}' lines to the log file as MetaFont.  With other words,
MetaFont isn't needed any longer.  Can you accordingly adjust the call
of the mf-to-table.py script?

BTW, it will take some time to fully analyze FontForge's `Internal
Error' problem which is related to tricky rounding issues --
furtunately, it doesn't have any priority for LilyPond since FontForge
produces the correct result.

    Werner