Re: replacing mftrace with mf2pt1

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: replacing mftrace with mf2pt1
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:24:46 +0100 (CET)

>  Executable based on sources from 14:46 11-May-2007.

This fontforge version is too old, as I've mentioned earlier already.
George has fixed a bunch of rounding errors (based on my bug reports)
to make the removal of intersections more reliable.  Theoretically, I
could further improve the feta and parmesan glyphs to work around
those problems, however, I think that it's better to fix the tool
(which is broken) than the glyph shapes (which are not broken).
Additionally, updating to a newer fontforge version is trivial and
needs no additional work.

Currently, I'm using the CVS version from 5-Nov-2007 which seems to
work quite fine.

> See branch dev/mf2pt1-build for the build fixes.

Will have a look, thanks.

    Werner