RE: Patches for fret-diagrams update.

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: RE: Patches for fret-diagrams update.
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:48:06 -0600

I've downloaded git for cygwin, and I've cloned the git repository, and
set my branch to csorensen.

The challenge I have now is that the csorensen branch follows release
2.11.28-1.  As far as I know, there's no easy way to build lilypond on
cygwin, so I should probably download a mingw version of release
2.11.28.  This will install the executables, as well as the ly/ and scm/
files.

All my work for this update is on the /scm files, but the place where
the files need to be to work with the executable is different from the
place where the git repository has them.  The "executable" .scm files
are in Program Files/LilyDev/usr/share/current/lilypond/scm.  The git
files are in lilypond/scm.

What is the convenient way to work with this?  I'd like to avoid making
changes in the "executable" files and then copying them to the git
repository, although I can do that.  If possible, I'd like to avoid
making changes in the git repository, and then copying the files to the
"executable" location.

Any advice on how I can use git to easily accomplish these changes would
be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl