Re: \apply nest-props Re: constructive criticism

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: \apply nest-props Re: constructive criticism
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:35:24 +0100

Tue, 13 Jan 2004 23:35:41 +0100, Han-Wen a dit :

 > I don't see the need for syntactic sugar in the grob
 > descriptions. They're a big alist, after all.

oh ok. Maybe I'm simply macro addicted.

The def-grob-description would have put the definition in the alist,
or whatever data structure it may be in 10 years, anyway.
Besides readability, it would also have made those two warnings not
needed:
;;;; WARNING: the meta field should be the last one.
;;;; WARNING: don't use anonymous functions for initialization.
by adding some argument checking, and this todo unnecessary(?):
;; TODO: junk the meta field in favor of something more compact?

But I'm polluting this mailing list with my lisp obsessions, sorry!

ns