textheight and interscoreline (for the manual)

From: Alexandre B
Subject: textheight and interscoreline (for the manual)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:19:00 -0500

Hi

Would it be possible to add a little section in the manual at:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.1/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Page-layout.html

to inform the user that it's possible to specify negative 'interscoreline'
values.. which really speeds up the general layout when you're done
typesetting a piece. I was about to add it to the new Wiki.. but it seemed it
was down.. so I posted here :)

ex:

\score {
  \paper {
    interscoreline = -2\mm
  }
}

I searched the mailing lists and read the manual just to find that I was using
the right identifier, but.. 0\mm wasn't enough to remove the blank space I
saw between the staves and I hadn't though of negative values. Just writing a
little hint would probably help others to solve that issue faster.

Also.. the textheight identifier didn't seem to have a single effect.. is that
identifier deprecated or perhaps I used it erroneously ? (although it was in
the paper block inside the score block).

Thanks! :)

Alexandre Bourget