\apply nest-props Re: constructive criticism

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: \apply nest-props Re: constructive criticism
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:37:18 +0100

moving discussion to lilypond-devel

>  > where nest-props takes care of pre- and appending the appropriate
>  > settings.
>
> for the record, here is a possible implementation (using lily 2.1.0):

> #(use-modules (ice-9 optargs))
>
> #(define-public (nthcdr n source)
>   (do ((rest source (if (pair? rest) (cdr rest)))
>        (i 0 (1+ i)))
>       ((= i n) rest)))

Isn't this called list-tail ?

> #(defmacro* make-music (name #:rest props)

I noticed that you have a preference for macros iso. functions is
there any technical merit of one over the other?  I would like to
include your code, but I would prefer to have a uniform style across
the Lilypond Scheme code (i.e. either macros or functions, not both
arbitrarily mixed.)