Re: [libreplanet-discuss] freedom #0

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] freedom #0
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 15:47:12 -0500

Software owners might interpret their violation of freedom 0 as an excuse to
violate your privacy.  Microsoft's TOS for Vista and later demands the
ability to inspect and delete your files for licensing, law enforcement, and
to protect the safety of Microsoft employees.  If some of the software on
such a system forbids writing bad things about Microsoft, for example, the OS
blanket demand would allow them to use the OS's built in file indexing system
for that purpose.  Thanks to Snowden, we know they betray user's privacy,
even while publically claiming to protect it.

That might not be what was asked but it is very interesting.  It's an example
of a violation most people would not imagine and shows how one violation
leads to another.