[libreplanet-discuss] MediaGoblin instance available

From: Jim Campbell
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] MediaGoblin instance available
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 17:07:49 -0500

Hi All,

I've mostly been a lurker on this list, but with MediaGoblin's 0.8
release, I wanted to let folks know of a semi-public instance of
MediaGoblin that I have set up. It is available at https://mediafrom.me,
and (though public registration is disabled) you can just send me a note
if you'd like an account there.

It supports all media types except PDFs and Audio (video + audio support
is available, though . . . you just can't use upload audio-only files).
It is running on a Debian Jessie server hosted via Rackspace. The media
storage is handled by Rackspace cloud files.

As an informal introduction, I contribute documentation to GNOME (you
can see my handiwork in gedit, California and Seahorse / Passwords and
Keys docs), MediaGoblin, as well as a few other projects.

Cheers,

Jim