Re: [Libcdio-devel] Inline getopt copy creating problems

From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] Inline getopt copy creating problems
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 16:16:30 +0100

On Friday 09 March 2007, Peter Creath wrote:
> My only concern is if people have to search and install a bunch of
> other packages just to build libcdio.  That's a fast way to get people
> to toss libcdio without giving it a second look.  I almost didn't
> bother with it at all for this reason.

Note: gnulib is not a _dependency_, as it's imported inside the sources,
that's why I said there are about 100kb of sources _more_ to add.

Besides, the fix Rocky already committed solves one problem, but might create
more problems if getopt() is present and usable in the c library, but the
declaration is somewhat different from the one in glibc, as it uses the glibc
header unconditionally.

gnulib instead checks for availability of a suitable getopt() function, if it
fails, it use internal copy and internal headers, rather than using internal
header and external function.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/