[Libcdio-devel] Inline getopt copy creating problems

From: Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò
Subject: [Libcdio-devel] Inline getopt copy creating problems
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 21:17:28 +0100

Hi all,

I got reported by Mich from FreeBSD of a PR reported to him [1] about failures
in building libcdio while having -I/usr/include in the commandline (which
albeit rare makes a bit of sense).

I've looked into it, and I do think that the inconditional use of the
alternative getopt() function is suboptimal, although obviously needed for
systems like Solaris and similar.

Luckily the problem was already considered more than once, and there's
gnulib[2] to take care of it. I've tried it locally and it's trivial to just
import the gnulib module (and its dependency), and should solve the problem
entirely; it does use about 100KB more for this though.

Comments?

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/108953
[2] http://www.gnu.org/software/gnulib/
--