Re: DogCows or Polymorphism in the Hurd

From: Patrick Negre
Subject: Re: DogCows or Polymorphism in the Hurd
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:21:51 +0100

Le Wednesday 08 February 2006 10:44, Tom Bachmann a écrit :
> the problem is that POSIX only specifies one reserved character, '/',
> and thus foo.tar.bz2:as_dir is a valid name. So such a file could exist.
>
> btw, ':' is not a practical separator. I have several files (I did not
> create) on my disk containing ':' in the name.

By luck, i've no file ending with :*_tr.
Ok, be POSIX compliant is good, and make distorsions is bad.
But, POSIX don't handle polytype.
So, forbid filenames which ends with :*_tr is a light evil in compare with
creating dynamic names in the fs, and having a decent solution to this
problem.

Regards, Patrick N.

Nouveau : téléphonez moins cher avec Yahoo! Messenger ! Découvez les tarifs
exceptionnels pour appeler la France et l'international.