koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] Re: yaz deb package prob

From: Adam Dickmeiss
Subject: [Koha-zebra] Re: yaz deb package prob
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:41:56 +0200

Joshua Ferraro wrote:
Strangely, the deb package for yaz 2.1.16 doesn't seem to be
working for my sarge box:

The Debian packages lists were not yet updated. It should be now. Sorry about that.

/ Adam

sam:/# yaz-client -V
YAZ version: 2.1.14
sam:/# apt-get install libyaz
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
libyaz is already the newest version.

I've got the correct entry in sources.list:

#Yaz Toolkit
deb http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian indexdata/sarge released
deb-src http://ftp.indexdata.dk/debian indexdata/sarge released

and ran apt-get update to try to update the package lists ...
and it's showing up here: http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/yaz/debian/sarge/

any ideas?

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro               VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 03:41:52PM +0100, Mike Taylor wrote:

I wrote --

        >> Yup -- I fixed that very code last week.
        >
        > Does bang-up-to-date cover the deb package?

        'fraid not.  I made the fix on 20th March, so you need either
        a version of YAZ built from CVS (which is was I always use) or
        one of the nightly builds [...]

The new YAZ v2.1.6 (see below) gives you the required proximity
support.  Don't forget to rebuild Zebra after installing the new YAZ!

_/|_     ___________________________________________________________________
/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <address@hidden>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "Now I lay me down to bed / Darkness won't engulf my head / I can
         see by intra-red / How I hate the night" -- Marvin the Android,
         "Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Apart from source we have produced packages for: Debian woody/sarge/etch, RedHat FC4/FC5, Windows and Ubuntu 5.10.

News below since last release.. / Adam

Allow multiple languages and charsets to be specified with
yaz-client. Each item must be separated by comma (NO BLANKS). E.g.
  negcharset iso-8859-1,utf-8

Translation of proximity nodes from CQL into PQF now works.

Moved to automake 1.8, 1.9.

Added function yaz_log_set_handler which allows a log handler
to be installed. This handler will be called for all log messages.
Output to file is also produced; but that can be disabled by passing
NULL fname to yaz_log_init_file.

Fixed another problem with MARC-8 -> ISO-8859-1 conversions. Bug #537.

For SRW (including GFS), accept application/soap+xml as content-type
for SOAP msg.

For GFS in SRU mode, an empty stylesheet in SRU URL (&stylesheet=&)
produces NO stylesheet reference even if a default stylesheet is specified in GFS XML config.