koha-zebra

[Koha-zebra] Bad match criteria errors

From: Tümer Garip
Subject: [Koha-zebra] Bad match criteria errors
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 23:59:15 +0200

Hi Joshua,

Well unfortunately I had the same. As soon as zebra finds a record
without an ID it stops.
Infact that made me look into our marc records. And to my surprise I
found a considerable amount with no 090$c
field where biblionumber is supposed to sit.

I had to write a script that actually went and searched the whole
database and put the 090$c$d fields in.
At first I thought this was me probably messing too much with KOHA. But
if you are using the biblionumber as your ID as well  then this could be
a general bug that we have to look in KOHA. Is it dropping the
biblionumber field at some dubious point? Well I hope not.

And some more news on ZEBRA dev. The damn windows platform manages to
crash the  server even without shadow files as well so I'll have to wait
and see if Adam can do something about that. In the meantime I have
started working on some searches as well. You can test them at
http://library.neu.edu.tr/opac-search.pl, it can be improved.

For the configuration files I decided not to set the apostrophe to space
in .chr file. Because we have lots of words with apostrophes and lots of
people just dont put them in. So say you have Alice's and you write
Alices Zebra keeps it as Alice s and cannot find it. So for keyword
searching I use 5=102 and that way I can find them either way while I
kept the phrase search more strict. Ofcourse this finds lots of other
things but may be we can reduce that by rankings which I have not dealt
with.

In the record.abs I send you you probably realized I had to use some of
gils.att as well. I mainly used those for authoryty indexes but I cannot
think how it will be possible to have access point anywehere in the marc
to put the authority id. Mine now are fixed for 100 6.. And 7.. fields
for two different authority types. And I think it might be very
difficult to imlement something very global then local on this issue.

Thats all for now.
Regards
Tumer