koha-translate

[Koha-translate] Some more questions concerning translation strings

From: Axel Bojer
Subject: [Koha-translate] Some more questions concerning translation strings
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 01:58:14 +0100

Hello again, and thank for your good answers!

1) Just to be sure; what is inside the <b>-tag should be left in English because it is a command, I guess?

        <b>marcflavour --</b> Your MARC flavor (MARC21 or UNIMARC). This
        choice tells Koha how to interpret your MARC records.

2) In example below, I suppose the -- should replace a &mdash; and thus be a perfectly normal sentence (and not any kind of strange graphic replacement to divide sentences on the screen, right)? But what is, then with the - right after the number? And why not use &mdash;? (A proper long dash might get lost in some characters encodings I guess, and would therefore not be advisable ...)

        15- Heading use--subject added entry

(There are more such strings.)

3) What does the exclamation marks mean in strings like this:

7 => !OPAC Intranet !Editor Collapsed

Of course I could just leave them all before the corresponding words, but I think the best translation might be to join Opac Intranet into "Publikumskatalogen" in Norwegian, and then two of the, in English, unique strings would then be just the same in Norwegian. So, what are they for?

4) I do not understand these strings:
        Aitoff
(found it in Wikipedia as Aitoff projection, is that the right meaning:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aitoff_projection ?)
        Albers
(does also this mean a projection type:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albers_projection ?)
        Aluminographie = ?
        625 PAL and 625 SECAM, is this about televisions?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SECAM
        ATS -- Wikipedia lists many possible explanations, which is it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATS
        CCF -- Which one? :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCF
        Caseine (french) -- About cheese too? Or am I wrong? (confused)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casein
        Chorochromatique = ? (something about colours apparently ...)
        Choroplethe = Choropleth map, perhaps?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choropleth_map
        Comtd = ? (fransk?)

Best regards