koha-translate

Re: [Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User i

From: M. Longo
Subject: Re: [Koha-translate] Re: [Koha-devel] Multilingual Support in The User interfase
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:32:10 +0200

Paul POULAIN escribió:
address@hidden wrote:

Thanks, Paul.

I have two further questions. The first one is more important for me. The
second is of general interest and would be good to include in the koha
translation HOWTO or documentation.

First, where can I use these tools to complete the preliminary Swedish
translation? Are any already online that can make po files?
where ? I'm not sure I understand your question.

Second, could you give an example or two of using tmpl_process3.pl?
./tmpl_process3.pl without argument gives you the parameters.
for example : ./tmpl_process3.pl create -r -i ~/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/default/en -s ~/french.po
the -i being for original templates
the -s being the .po to generate.
when you want to generate translated templates, just run tmpl_process3.pl with install and a -o parameter.

Hi there Paul, and everyone!

I'm having trouble generating translated templates from the 'po' files...

For example... I've created a 'po' file from reports.tmpl... opened it with KBabel and translated it (it only has one word, so it was easy :P)

Now... I want to generate the translated reports.tmpl

So I run the following:

./tmpl_process3.pl install -i reports.tmpl -s reports.po -o /koha-2.1.1/intranet-html/intranet-tmpl/default/es/

(be sure that I've tried a lot of things aside of this, before asking to the list :D )

but it gives me an "Assertion failed at tmpl_process3.pl line 322" error.... no matter what I try...

I've checked line 322... but I have no idea of what would be going wrong...

any hint about this?

thanks in advance!

Martin Longo

Important note : in Koha, the .po is used to create translated templates. The .po is NOT used during runtime to translate a page. It's a sort of "template compilator". A little bit more work for developpers, but highly less CPU needs during runtime.

--
J. Martín Longo
Informática