koha-devel

[Koha-devel] New feature (idea) for Koha 3

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] New feature (idea) for Koha 3
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:03:35 +0200

Hello,

A new feature that could (should ?) be implemented in Koha 3 :
biblios have the "ISBD" system preference, that contains a personnalised version of the biblio.
My libraries reported that it would be nice (better) to have :
1- 1 specific "template" for each itemtype
2- a specific "template" to show the summary of the biblio in the result list (= having a different template for monographies & serials for example) 3- the same thing for authorities. (I must admit that authorities details are really awful, it's almost the raw MARC record)

Unless someone declares he is already working on this, I'll do it (me or hdl or antoine, depends on who get some time to do this. I think 2 days are needed to do something working well)

PS : Other ideas in the same area :
- rewrite the "normal" (=detail.pl), to get rid of non MARC database
- add a systempreference to enable MARC view or disable it in OPAC.

Warning : "template" don't mean "HTML::Template", it means something the library can modify

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants