koha-devel

[Koha-devel] last chat, koha 3.0, synching of dev_week/head & branches

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] last chat, koha 3.0, synching of dev_week/head & branches
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:41:52 +0200

Hello the list,

During our last chat, we decided to :
1- release Koha 2.2.6 ASAP
2- release 2.4.0 (=2.2+zebra) ASAP
3- synch dev_week and head, in a rel_3 branch, and stabilize Koha 3.0
4- let Tumer & any other volunteer work on head for Koha 3.2

1- Release 2.2.6
================
WHEN : today for 2.2.6RC2
WHO : Paul
NOTES : none

2- Release 2.4.0
================
WHEN : ASAP, before end of August
WHO : Joshua (with Tumer)
NOTES :
- it's in production in at least 2 libraries already (1 in cyprus, 1 in US).
- It will use NPL templates, and won't be translated to french, because it will be a short-life version

3- Release 3.0
==============
WHO :
- Antoine for synch'ing dev_week & head
- Everybody
WHEN :
- synch'ing dev_week & head : next week
NOTES :
The SAN-OP plans to start tests in september, and production in january. We all agree it's a possible goal, and the timeline for Koha 3 will probably become the SAN-OP one.

*********
QUESTION
*********
We decided during the meeting to :
- branch head => rel_3
- synch dev_week with rel_3
- stabilize rel_3
- let head staying unstable, tumer having many ideas (full XML, XSLT...), that could be tested here.

I was wondering if it would not be better to :
- synch dev_week and head
- immediatly branch rel_3 when the synch is done
- stabilize rel_3 for Koha 3 & let head unstable

That would let head with dev_week zebra integrated. Otherwise, i'm afraid someone (tumer ?) will have to merge dev_week with head anyway, to add zebra support

Let me know your opinion. Whatever it will be, Antoine started a few minuts ago installing dev_week and will do the merge (dev_week into head or rel_3) next week.

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants