koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx

From: Mike Taylor
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 15:54:12 +0100

Joshua Ferraro writes:
>> This is not a bug.  It is the standard interpretation of what "path"
>> means in every context I can think of: the PATH environment variable
>> that chooses which commands to run in Unix, the MANPATH environment
>> variable that finds documentation, the include paths made by -I
>> command-line options to GCC, Perl and other tools.
>
> hmmm ... in my experience, it's actually the exact opposite of what
> path means :-) I would expect that the last item in a given list
> would be the one to take priority as in the PATH environment
> variable :-) That is, I go:
>
> PATH=$PATH:/data/myscripts
>
> not:
>
> PATH=/data/myscripts:$PATH
>
> when I want to add a new path that overrides the defaults.

I think you should re-read your own example.  Maybe it's a bit too hot
in America, too?  :-)

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor  <address@hidden>  http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "To be totally realistic, England outplayed us in every aspect of
         the game.  We were vulnerable in every position" -- Guus Hiddink,
         Holland football manager.