koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:25:21 -0700

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 03:40:25PM +0100, Mike Taylor wrote:
> Joshua Ferraro writes:
> >> In fact, there is a default.idx file in /usr/local/share/zebra, and
> >> my zebra-biblio.cfg had :
> >> profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/
> >>
> >> I inverted my path and /usr/local :
> >>
> >> profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/
> >>
> >> and ... it works.
> >> Thus, it seems that profilePath directories are solved : "the 1st that
> >> fits is choosen" instead of "the last that fits has won" (like for
> >> cascading stylesheets for example)
>
> Correct.
>
> >> So my 2 questions :
> >> * did you encounter this problem and had the same conclusion ?
> >> * don't you think it could be reported as a problem to indexdata ?
> >> * isn't the wiki wrong on this ? (I can change it if you confirm)
> >>
> >> and yes, I know, that's 3 questions ;-)
> > I have encountered that problem, yes. I have not confirmed your
> > solution, but I will and I will also write ID and ask them if it's
> > a bug or a feature. And yes, please make a note on the wiki.
>
> This is not a bug.  It is the standard interpretation of what "path"
> means in every context I can think of: the PATH environment variable
> that chooses which commands to run in Unix, the MANPATH environment
> variable that finds documentation, the include paths made by -I
> command-line options to GCC, Perl and other tools.
hmmm ... in my experience, it's actually the exact opposite of what
path means :-) I would expect that the last item in a given list
would be the one to take priority as in the PATH environment
variable :-) That is, I go:

PATH=$PATH:/data/myscripts

not:

PATH=/data/myscripts:$PATH

when I want to add a new path that overrides the defaults.

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS