koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] zebra config files : about default.idx
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:49:51 +0200

Mike Taylor a écrit :
Joshua Ferraro writes:

In fact, there is a default.idx file in /usr/local/share/zebra, and
my zebra-biblio.cfg had :
profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/

I inverted my path and /usr/local :

profilePath:${srcdir:-.}:/home/paul/koha.dev/dev_week/zebraplugin/zebradb/biblios/tab/:/usr/local/share/idzebra/tab/:${srcdir:-.}/tab/

and ... it works.
This is not a bug.  It is the standard interpretation of what "path"
means in every context I can think of: the PATH environment variable
that chooses which commands to run in Unix, the MANPATH environment
variable that finds documentation, the include paths made by -I
command-line options to GCC, Perl and other tools.

Is Paul saying that the Zebra documentation is in error here?  If so,
please point us toi the place, and we'll fix it.

no, the doc is just silent on this subject (& our sample in wiki.koha.org & CVS are erroneous). In fact, i'm probably a little bit too much CSSed, and your note is totally : unix PATH is "1st to fit".
Maybe it's too hot in Marseille those days...

--
Paul POULAIN