k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] latest version?

From: Yves Combe
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] latest version?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 09:31:50 +0100

Toby Baier a écrit :
So there is no sensible version for me to check?

pre11 should be released fairly soon.

yep.

Is that a "complete" release, or also only a test version? When do you think will it be available? Can I help anyhow?
No. This will be a X test version too. That means, there is Xfree on it, with some kind of autoconfiguration. It's to test the autoconfiguration system.

I will see if i can enable dual head in it.

I've read that too, so I chose not to test that distribution. I have my whole drive partitioned for OSX, and I don't wanna repartition it.

Yes, of course. Keep in mind you can try parted to repartition resizing hfs+ partition. In my iso parted has the hfs/hfs+ resizing patch.
But backup your data before.

the PowerBook I own has a radeon 9600 mobility chip.
alpha-2e will not work on that. if you have a good enough connection, and cdrw, you can try -pre10 and say if X works correctly. Just run startx after boot.

Regards,
--
Yves Combe
Formateur TICE