k-mib-ppc

Re: [K-mib-ppc] latest version?

From: Yves Combe
Subject: Re: [K-mib-ppc] latest version?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:37:11 +0100

Toby Baier a écrit :

Am 08.02.2004 um 20:23 schrieb Hard Mac:The latest version is k-mib-ppc-beta-pre10.iso
k-mib-ppc-beta-preX are not usable release. They are test version, to check features implementation.

The latest complete was Knoppix-MiB-ppc-alpha-2e, wich was a proof of concept; Anyway it is too old for most of recent Macs. And they are a lot of bug in it.

pre11 should be released fairly soon.
yep.

Gentoo also has a live cd for ppc.
AFAIK Gentoo LiveCD is gentoo install cd. Not?

Thank you Thomas, I will check those. Does anyone know if they support dual head video? I've read that Yellow dog doesn't support it, but my powerbook has a secondary video out (DVI) which I'd really like to use.
Dual head is *only* an Xfree problem. it depends on video cards, some ati have dual head gestion in XF. I don't know if nvidia cards are supported, i suppose not.

Regards,

--
Yves Combe
Formateur TICE