iruka-devel

Re: [Iruka-devel] Re: "add contact" dialog box

From: Petr Klyushkin
Subject: Re: [Iruka-devel] Re: "add contact" dialog box
Date: 31 Aug 2002 14:36:07 +0400

Hello, Erwan!

>>>>> "Erwan" == Erwan Loisant writes:

 Erwan> Hello.  I don't like wizards so much, because information is
 Erwan> dispatched between several dialog boxes.

 Erwan> That can make sense for the first launch of the software for
 Erwan> simple configuration (so user will slowly enter each
 Erwan> information; having several dialog will prevent him to get
 Erwan> bored) but for a so simple action as add a contact I am not
 Erwan> sure it is needed. That would make the operation "heavy".

 Erwan> I think that just a dialog is needed. After all, we need: -
 Erwan> JID - nickname - group What else ? Even if we need more
 Erwan> informations we can add it in a dialog, I don't see why we
 Erwan> should use a wizard.

Hmm, I think such dialog should provide multiple ways for a user to
add a contact, like in Gabber.  When adding a contact user can choose
to search JUD (ok, this may go to a separate dlg), add contact from
another IM network, or just enter JID manually.

While "Search JUD" can be a separate dialog, I don't see nice ways of
solving "another IM" problem.  Forcing user to enter a JID like
address@hidden isn't too nice because he has to know domain
name of ICQ transport on his Jabber server...  An idea of using Jabber
browsing for this purpose just came to my mind.  We should think a
little on this choice.

--
                                                             C'ya, Peter.
       address@hidden://petrk.pochtamt.ru]=--