iruka-devel

[Iruka-devel] current state of project.

From: Erwan Loisant
Subject: [Iruka-devel] current state of project.
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 18:35:58 CEST

Hello.

* About status, I corrected the bug in IMCOM preventing from reconnecting after
deconnection. I also designed a full status class. I still have to work on away
- n/a - busy status in particular detect idle.

* How is roster, Petr ? I have some remarks.
- Most contacts appear with no icon. What does it means ? If there is no
information they should appear offline, don't you think ?
- Some online contacts appears with no icons.
- There is no update of contact list after deconnection.
- App crash after reconnection and I think this is due to Roster. Maybe due to
previous bug.

* Ok, what about messages handling ? I also noticed some bugs.
- I corrected a bug, when opening chat window he is unhappy you precised
wxTE_PROCESS_ENTER since it is implicit for multiline control.
- How to send messages in chat mode ? There are neither buttons nor keyboard
shortcut. Ctrl+enter should be good, but a button is needed (I prepared a
dialog).
- About msg mode, when I click on the subject of one message I have the error
message "unicode object has no attribute text" in viewmsg.py line 192
(self._msgText.setValue(...)). It seems you think a variable is a control but
it is already a unicode string.

Well, finally I am very happy to see how fast you work and what we could do in
the last few weeks ; but don't forget to finish completely and make stable each
part you work on before jumping to the next one. For example, I sincerely think
there is no need to make a more complicated "add contact" dialog before having
a stable roster & messages manager.

Best regards,
Erwan.

Université de Nantes, http://www.univ-nantes.fr