interopcast-general

[Interopcast-general] Re: [icecast-dev] Documentation

From: Pierre Amadio
Subject: [Interopcast-general] Re: [icecast-dev] Documentation
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:29:05 +0100

Hi there.

> > also be interesting to have. Anybody knows if docbook2pod is something
> > easily done ?
>
> I have a docbook-to-man installed on my system (never used it, though). Not
> sure about pod, but I don't see why you'd want it.

Is not pod the man format ? Did i mean docbook2groff ? :)

I saw this docbook2man script but it generate error if i try to use it
with my doc or kerry's one.

I intent to look at how docbook-xml and xsltproc works before adding
more content or merging stuff as a friend told me it may be a better way to
generate docbook output than jade scripts.

Next goal for me: having a Makefile that generate doc in wanted format
with xslt-proc. Hope i wont be too slow on this.

> I'm not sure what you mean by 'exploitation' here, and it's not entirely
> clear
> to me what should NOT go into a technical/admin doc that would be left over
> for a 3rd document. Can you clarify?

I don't know the english for 'production'. Usually production technician
are not so skilled tekies in prod environnemnt having process to check
and a documentation to follow such as 'if this led start being red,
enter this command and dial 911'. I guess it would be something like a
'what to do if this problem arise' in a 'copy and paste' command
format.

Not sure although that that was the way it was meant to be by the guy
who proposed the 3 different documents.

Here how i see the 3 document: the 3 part of the doc i was starting to
wrote.

1) A picture of tools -> marketting stuff (lots of buzz word to be added
:) )
2) Installing sofwtare
   Configuring software -> unix admin targetted audience.

3) Streaming sound on the internet: production doc.

I merged this doc with Ciaran Anscomb's Ices2 Howto yesterday, and just
imported kerry's howto in savannah's cvs few minutes ago.

Things i would like to see added:

-3rd application sofwtare notes:

 darkices : compile,configure and run.
 other streamer i havent yet heard of but who are nices.
 streaming and admin connection over ssl (yeaah, i really think it s an
important issue)
  as in http://melmoth.dyndns.org/stream/ssl/index.html

Have a nice day.

Pierre Amadio