iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Win32 Patches

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Win32 Patches
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 10:23:43 -0800 (PST)

The attached file contains patches for the latest source as related to the
Win32 build.  It contains fixes to get the build to succeed and enable the TCP
server for Windows.  However, I am still experiencing the following problems:

1) Its not producing any sound.
2) The program crashes after issuing 'quit' to the command shell.
3) Connecting to the TCP server causes the synth to crash.

I'm not sure what's up with the first two, but the 3rd is due to an attempt to
use a normal read() call to get characters from the client socket.  This won't
work under windows -- recv() must be used.  FYI, recv() is non-blocking, so in
order to get something that behaves like a blocking read() call, we must use
select() followed by recv().