iiwusynth-devel

RE: [iiwusynth-devel] polyphony woes

From: M. Nentwig
Subject: RE: [iiwusynth-devel] polyphony woes
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 19:28:10 +0200

> did you actually experience problems with long-held chords
> or pedal tones in your music?

I did not run into problems while playing normally (standard iiwusynth
has 64 stereo voices). If I remember correctly, the problem with the old
algorithm was, that new voices did not get through, when all voices were
used 'on purpose'.
But then, Iiwusynth cannot do the things that I want to do with it (for
example: program part of the keyboard with a pad, that can be held with
the sustain pedal, while the rest of the kbd does not respond to
sustain). So just reverting to the old code is a step backwards in my
eyes.

-Markus