iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Puzzle involving multiple soundfonts

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Puzzle involving multiple soundfonts
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:13:07 -0800 (PST)

I'm using version 0.2.1 under Linux with the ALSA drivers.  I've downloaded
several soundfonts from the HammerSound web site.  Most of the fonts include a
single instrument in bank 0, preset 0.  So if I load several of these fonts
into the synth, what sequence of command-line/terminal commands are necessary
to get each instrument registered on a different channel?  So far the only time
I've seen more than one channel assigned is when I load one of the general midi
fonts that came with my SB Live card.  In that case, the 'channels' command
indicates that each of the 16 channels is assigned corresponding to the first
16 presets of the font.

Thanks in advance,

Ken