iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Puzzle involving multiple soundfonts

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Puzzle involving multiple soundfonts
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:00:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm pretty sure the creative software allows the bank number to be specified
when loading a sound font.  I'm assuming this means that when you load a
soundfont, you have the option of offsetting the internal bank number(s) in the
font during the load process.  I'm not currently in front of my system that has
the Live! card, so to verify this I took look at the docs for Thomas Hammer's
SF2LOAD utilitiy (http://www.hammersound.net/hs_software.html#User's Guide),
which is a command-line sf2 loader for the creative cards.  It takes the bank
number as its first parameter, i.e.,

SF2LOAD 3 myinst.sf2

This loads the font into bank 3.

Ken