iiwusynth-devel

Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ridiculous question

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ridiculous question
Date: 03 Dec 2002 11:45:03 -0800

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 04:54, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On 02 Dec 2002 21:44:09 -0800
> Josh Green <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 11:05, Peter Hanappe wrote:
> > > I forgot to include the mailing-list in my reply to Alexandre. P.
> > >
> > > ----
> > >
> > > Hi Alexandre,
> > >
> > > That's not a ridiculous question!
> > >
> > > I've always been of the opinion that fluidsynth/iiwuynth should be a
> > > soundfont only synthesizer. So no Akai sample support.
> > >
> > > However, the solution may be Josh Green's libInstPatch and Swami.
> > > If libInstPatch could import AKAI sample and export them to iiwusynth as
> > > a soundfont, than that may solve the problem.
> > >
> > > Josh? Any opions on this?
> > >

> > Yes :) The goal of libInstPatch is to support many MIDI patch based
> > formats. My plan was to add DLS2 next, but AKAI would be something to
> > look into as well. Is there free documentation on the net that describes
> > this format?
>
> http://www.abel.co.uk/~maxim/akai/akaiinfo.htm
>
> A discussion around it at <http://eca.cx/lad/1999/04/0122.html>
>
> And ... :)  <http://www.arts-project.org/doc/manual/index-8.html>
>

> --
> Alexandre Prokoudine
> ALT Linux Documentation Team

Cool thanks for the info. Once the devel version of Swami is in general
working order I will start adding other formats to libInstPatch. I have
not given the Akai sample format a thorough look over yet, so I'm not
sure how well this could be munged into SoundFont units and parameters
for use with FluidSynth, though. Cheers.
        Josh Green