iiwusynth-devel

Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ridiculous question

From: Josh Green
Subject: Re: [Swami-devel] Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ridiculous question
Date: 02 Dec 2002 21:44:09 -0800

On Fri, 2002-11-29 at 11:05, Peter Hanappe wrote:
> I forgot to include the mailing-list in my reply to Alexandre. P.
>
> ----
>
> Hi Alexandre,
>
> That's not a ridiculous question!
>
> I've always been of the opinion that fluidsynth/iiwuynth should be a
> soundfont only synthesizer. So no Akai sample support.
>
> However, the solution may be Josh Green's libInstPatch and Swami.
> If libInstPatch could import AKAI sample and export them to iiwusynth as
> a soundfont, than that may solve the problem.
>
> Josh? Any opions on this?

Yes :) The goal of libInstPatch is to support many MIDI patch based
formats. My plan was to add DLS2 next, but AKAI would be something to
look into as well. Is there free documentation on the net that describes
this format?

I'm currently in need of help with Swami/libInstPatch as its becomming a
rather large task for me alone, so any help would be appreciated.

The current development tree of Swami/libInstPatch has not yet been
checked into CVS, but I will do this soon and announce it on the devel
list as well as the web site. I believe the new libInstPatch API is
rather good, although it probably needs some work in the area of
optimizing the multi-thread support, testing, and bug squashing, etc.

> Do you currently have an RPM of iiwusynth? Would you be interested in
> making it available? We would like to make a
> stable, binary release near the end of the month of FluidSynth (= IIWU
> Synth renamed). It would be nice to have an RPM available, as well.
>
> About the documentation, I hope this will improve soon as we open a
> new web site at www.fluid-synth.org. Documentation is part of our
> wicked master plan to take over the world ;)

Yeee ha! Yet another world domination project :)

> Cheers!
> Peter
>

> Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

<cut>

>  >
>  > My question on compiling Swami from CVS will go part from this
> mailing list
>  > :-)
>  >

Did you have a specific question about compiling Swami from CVS? Come to
think of it I think there were a few iiwusynth driver fixes that haven't
gone into CVS yet. As there are things going on with iiwusynth CVS I
will make sure Swami CVS works with it. Cheers.
        Josh Green