[igraph] Memory error

From: Ronquillo, Edgar Nahum
Subject: [igraph] Memory error
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 14:11:25 +0000

Hello all,

I am working on generating the shortest path. I populate my graph using add_edges which works perfectly fine. However, once I use it with millions of vertices and edges I get a memory error, 1,347,910 vertices and 10,767,522 edges to be exact. I know it is not the computer running out of memory since I am monitoring the RAM usage as the code is running. I also know it is not the limit of python 32 bits of 2GB because it only get up to around 1 GB and I get the error. Is there some type of limit on igraph as to how many vertices or edges you can actually add? Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, here is the memory error I get.

File "C:\Python27\lib\site-packages\igraph\__init__.py", line 243, in add_edges

    return GraphBase.add_edges(self, es)

MemoryError: Error at c:\dev\igraph\igraph-0.6.5-msvc\src\vector.pmt:439: cannot reserve space for vector, Out of memory

Thanks